Syracuse, NY US
- Documents history including complains and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data
- Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination and focus. Test may include subjective refraction, retinoscopy,.slit lamp examinations, visual fields, pupil and mobility testing, gonioscopy, and tear function testing
- Based on exam , diagnose diseases and anomalies such as color blindness or glaucoma.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutics prescriptions and long-term medical management .
- Prescribe and fit vision aides such as contact lenses and eyeglasses
- Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
- Provide any necessary low-vision rehab and vision therapy to improve visual issues
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree
- New York State License
- Minimum 2 years of work expereince
- Glaucoma certified
- Certified to use therapeutic pharmaceutical agents
- Experience with electronic medical records