One Path Career Partners https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62759/logos/onepathcareers-hml.png http://www.onepathcareers.com http://www.onepathcareers.com true
Syracuse, NY US
Posted: 02/09/2023 2023-02-09 2023-11-03 Industry: Healthcare Professionals
- Documents history including complains and relevant symptoms, ocular health, medication usage, medical and family history, current vision aide if applicable, and any other pertinent data
- Examine eyes using observation, pharmaceutical agents and instruments to determine visual perception, acuity, coordination and focus. Test may include subjective refraction, retinoscopy,.slit lamp examinations, visual fields, pupil and mobility testing, gonioscopy, and tear function testing
- Based on exam , diagnose diseases and anomalies such as color blindness or glaucoma.
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutics prescriptions and long-term medical management .
- Prescribe and fit vision aides such as contact lenses and eyeglasses
- Maintain communication with ophthalmology, optical and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
- Provide any necessary low-vision rehab and vision therapy to improve visual issues
No nights or weekends- no late hours
Monday - Friday day hours
One Path Career Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Must hold a NYS license and possess sales ability, organizational skills and computer knowledge
Open to New Grads
Job Skills & Qualification
- Doctor of Optometry (OD) degree
- New York State License
- Minimum 2 years of work expereince
- Glaucoma certified
- Certified to use therapeutic pharmaceutical agents
- Experience with electronic medical records