Medical Director Behavioral Health- Part Time
Penfield, NY 14526
Our healthcare corporation is recruiting for a Medical Director of Behavioral Health. This position supports the Chief Medical Director in coordinating medical management, credentialing, and quality improvement for the Behavioral Health program. Potential candidates should posses a NYS Physician License, be certified in General Psychiatry or sub specialty, and have a minimum of five years experience in a clinical or managed care setting.
- Provides medical leadership of all for utilization management, cost containment, and medical quality improvement activities
- Assists Chief Medical Director in planning and establishing goals and policies
- Oversees the activities of physician advisors.
- Reviews claims involving complex, controversial, or unusual or new services
- Performs medical review activities
- Implements performance improvement initiatives
- Physician education with respect to clinical issues and policies
- Serves as liaison for business unit with community on local, state, and national level
- • Reviews medical literature and applies evidence based principles using high proficiency skills for a broad range of clinical services.
- • Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex medical issues.
- NYS Licensed Physician
- Board certified in General Psychiatry/Addiction Medicine or sub specialty of Addiction Psychiatry
- 5 years experience in a clinical or managed care setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Word Office Suite
- US citizen or permanent resident status
- 5 professional references