Chief Finance Officer
Penfield, NY US
Great opportunity for a dynamic Chief Finance Officer! We are currently seeking a high level professional to work with a mid-sized non-profit organization on the east side of Rochester, NY. This individual will oversee insurance and risk management in the areas of contacts, insurance, and planning. It is important to have a strong healthcare insurance background. The chosen candidate will directing the claims adjudication process, ensuring that claims are being processed for payment timely and accurately. The key candidate will ensure financial systems are in place to process financial transactions and to provide meaningful financial information to stakeholders.
The Finance Officer will:
· Maintain the timely and accurate completion of the monthly financial packet.
· Provide budgeting and forecasting models and financial modeling and analysis.
· Direct the claims adjudication process, ensuring that claims are being processed for payment timely and accurately.
· Review all contracts and negotiate financial terms.
· Ensure premiums are reconciled timely and follow up on past dues amounts.
· Meet with Senior Management and Directors regularly to ensure proper budget monitoring controls are in place.
· Present financial reports to Board of Directors as requested by COO.
· Manage banking relationship and secure financing for purchase of assets as needed.
· A bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, MBA preferred. CPA license a plus.
· 10+ years of experience in accounting or finance.
· Health care finance, insurance billing, and claims experience preferred.
· Knowledge of non-profit financial management a plus.
· Strong operational, analytical, personnel management, budget and resource development, and communication skills.
· Demonstrated success developing and monitoring systems to manage both operational and programmatic work that involve high levels of collaboration.
· Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
· Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.